Tuesday, July 23, 2024


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Where can I file an employment charge form?

Any employee may file in person, by mail or by contacting the nearest Office of Navajo Labor Relations ("ONLR"). If there is not an ONLR office in the immediate area, call (928) 871-6800 for more information at the ONLR administration in Window Rock, Arizona

As of January 1, 2015, any employee of the Navajo Nation Executive or Legislative Branch or a non-Local Governance Act Certified Chapter, or applicant for employment with the Navajo Nation Executive or Legislative Branch or non-Local Governance Act Certified Chapter, who alleges a violation of this Act shall file a grievance as provided by the Navajo Nation Personnel Policies Manual not with ONLR.

Are there any fees or cost for filing an employment charge for?

There are no fee for filing an employment charge form at this time.  You may download the charge form.

Is there a time limitation for filing an employment charge form?

Yes. A charge shall be filed within 365 days after accrual of the claim which constitutes the alleged violation of the Act

Can I be denied filing an Employment Charge Form?

No.  ONLR will not deny any employee the right to file an Individual Charge or request for assistance.  

How long is the Investigation Process?

The investigation process commences from the date a charge is accepted. The ONLR has one hundred and eighty (180) days to complete its investigation from the date the charge is accepted before issuing a probable cause determination or to issue a right to sue. ONLR investigates individual charge and ONLR Charge.

Does ONLR provide any orientations or trainings?

ONLR will provide NPEA orientations for organizations submitting a written request.

Are there any fees or cost for the NPEA orientation?

No, there are no fees or costs at this time.

What are some of the charges that can be filed with ONLR?

Termination, Suspension, Wage, Harassment, Hostile Work Environment, and including Sexual Harassment.

Are there any eligibility criteria to utilize ONLR's services?

No. ONLR's service is free to employees within the territorial jurisdiction of the Navajo Nation.

Can I file with ONLR even though my employer is outside the jurisdiction of the Navajo Nation?

Yes, you can file with ONLR if the worksite is within the Navajo Nation jurisdiction, however, an investigation may reveal that the Nation might not have jurisdiction.

Can a decision rendered through arbitration be flled with ONLR?

No. Arbitration decision is final.



Copyright 2024 by NNDIT Terms Of Use Privacy Statement
Back To Top